About Me

At the age of 18 I left home and served 20 years in the United States Air Force, retiring honorably from miltary service. I currently reside in Europe. A very special thanks to P.J. who continues to inspire me

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Microsoft Vista 64 bit

Ever since the beginning of the year I have been working quite successfully with the Microsoft Vista 32 bit operating system. I needed to test a program written specifically for Microsoft Vista 64 bit so I took the plunge, bought a copy this weekend, and installed it. Having worked with XP Professional 64 bit, which left me with a rather bad feeling, this newest version of Microsoft's attempt at a 64 bit operating system caught my interest. The stability is wonderful, most everything I've tried actually seems to have software and/or driver support and perhaps more importantly it allows me to take full advantage of 4GB of DDR2 memory I've had installed for many weeks. The 32 bit version of Vista has a 2GB barrier so you can't use any amount of internal memory above hat amount. This 64 bit flavor of an operating system has my full support and I personally congratulate Microsoft on the work that has gone into the stability of this system.

No comments: