About Me

At the age of 18 I left home and served 20 years in the United States Air Force, retiring honorably from miltary service. I currently reside in Europe. A very special thanks to P.J. who continues to inspire me

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, July 19, 2007

My 2 cents about DX10 prices

Here is a reply I made about DX10 pricing on one of the NVIDIA Developer Blogs:

http://blogs.nvidia.com/developers/2007/07/dx10-pc-price-p.html

***Shortly after I made these comments the developer blog in question was pulled or relocated. Perhaps NVIDIA was unhappy with the developers comments???***

I am going to point my finger at both sides of this argument. PC manufacturers need to better advertise just how good their midrange PCs are. The unknowing public believes or has been hyped to believe that to run a 3D game just as the upcoming Crysis you need a top of the line PC to show off the very best the game has to offer when pushed to the extreme. I'd love to see some framerates posted with a PC model to see what it can do with a specific game or benchmark. NVIDIA on the other hand needs to re-examine its logic with regards to videocards such as the 8800 ULTRA which is overpriced based on its performance to an overclocked 8800 GTX.

No comments: