About Me

At the age of 18 I left home and served 20 years in the United States Air Force, retiring honorably from miltary service. I currently reside in Europe. A very special thanks to P.J. who continues to inspire me

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, July 1, 2007

PC Cases and heat

Let's face it and admit that basic PC case design hasn't changed all too much. That's a pity really because heat, which is the almighty enemy of PC components, continues to rise with every new release of videocards and other components. Wouldn't it be wonderful if PC case manufacturers built huge SILENT fans in the front, back, and side of the PC case as standard? Anyone who has bought an 8800 GTX ultra videocard knows what I'm talking about. The problems with heat in a PC that have caused problems for customers are on the rise, or at least based on my personal feedback.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got a Thermaltake case and that dispenses the heat pretty well without making a huge amount of noise. we have no problems running our PC (with it's 8800) even in the middle of an Aussie summer.